Over the past year, the Calla Lilies have been used for wedding bouquets. Sure, it’s not without reason for making those flowers as the bridal bouquet. As you can see, the Calla Lilies deliver the graceful, suggestive, exotic and sensual that make them very great to be used as the wedding bouquet.
Generally, the Calla Lilies will be combined with Rose to create the Wedding Bouquet more gorgeous. You probably will not ignore when Calla Lily and Rose combined for a wedding bouquet, as the two kinds of flowers totally evoke a sense of elegance and tranquility.
Do you have a plan to create the Calla Lily and Rose wedding bouquet? If so, let’s see our post that will show you some tutorials that we got from any sources for making Calla Lily and Rose Wedding Bouquet. Here’s how!
DIY 1: Calla Lilies and Rose Bridal Bouquet
The first DIY Calla Lilies and Rose wedding bouquet is shown on a video uploaded by Bootah Jardin Florists YouTube Channel that you can access Here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJh4fMy7OGw). The video shows you step-by-step how to create the Calla Lilies and Rose wedding bouquet.
According to the video, the tools you will need include:
- Some white Calla Lilies
- Some white Roses
- Some Stalk flowers
- A vod of water (Just a couple of inches of water at most)
- A good pair of snips
- A strong kitchen scissors
- Floral tape/ sticky tape
- A white or antique ivory satin ribbon
- Some short pins
- 26 or 28 straight wire
For the steps, we cannot share with you, as you can watch the tutorial on the video completely to make it easy for you to make a wedding bouquet directly while watching the tutorial in the video. So, to create the Calla Lilies and Rose wedding bouquet as shown in the video, you can watch the video by clicking the link that we have mentioned above. Hopefully, you can create the Calla Lilies and Rose wedding bouquet according to the video as you desire.
DIY 2: Calla Lily Bridal Bouquet
The second DIY to create the Calla Lilies wedding bouquet can be seen at SaveOnCrafts site here (https://www.save-on-crafts.com/blogs/blog/calibo). This blog shows you a spectacular long flowing bridal bouquet from Calla Lilies. Sure, it’s very simple to follow. Here’s how!
The materials and tools you will need:
- 18 Calla Lilies
- 12 Gypsophila Blossoms
- 12 stems of maidenhair fern
- floral stem wrap
- 2 miniature ivy garlands
- 4 yards 7/8″ satin ribbon
- 4 pearl top corsage pins
- Glue gun or glue skillet & glue sticks
- Bouquet holder
- Wire cutters
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
It’s important to note that this tutorial uses the dried, faux, preserved or silk flowers to create the Calla Lilies wedding bouquet.
Soaking the fresh flower
- First, soak the floral foam by placing the bouquet holder upside down on the surface of a bowl.
- Make sure to not saturate it.
- In the case of soaking the flowers, you will also need a spray bottle to mist your fresh flowers to create the bridal bouquet.
- After that, you can put them in the refrigerator to keep them fresh.
- Make sure to place your flowers in a flower preservative at least a house before you design the wedding bouquet.
Prepare your materials and tools
- Lay out all materials and tools to create Calla Lilies wedding bouquet.
- You can start to heat up your glue gun or glue skillet. Instead, you can use the floral designing tacky glue.
- Before you attach to the bouquet holder or floral foam, dip each stem end into the glue or also hot glue.
Get started making Calla Lilies wedding bouquet
- Firstly, you may need to make a bed of ferns and gypsophila blossoms. Here, you need to cut each stem roughly 6 inches long and do it around the bouquet holder to cover it completely. Make sure to wrap the cut end of all cut stems with floral tape. You also need to keep the overall length of each stem approximately 5” once in the bouquet form.
- Afterwards, you have to cut the stem off 12 Calla Lilies with natural stems. You will only need the flower and 3” of the stem left on. Then, store the stems that you have to cut off for later. Place the Calla Lilies throughout the bed of ferns on the bouquet holder.
- Make sure to cut 6 Calla Lily stems the following lengths: (1)14 inches long, (2) 12 inches long, (1) 10 inches long (2) 6 inches long. You can then put those stems into the bottom of the bouquet holder. By inserting with various lengths, you will have a cascade effect.
- For the next step, you should cut the miniature ivy garland into 14 inches lengths (84 inches in total). You also need to arrange 3 long stems of miniature English ivy on each side of the bouquet holder. Sure, they will cascade down around the Calla Lilies.
- After that, you have to take the Calla Lily natural stems pieces (left over from stem #2). Place throughout the bouquet after you bend them into half circles.
- Last, you have to spray the plastic handle on the bouquet holder with spray adhesive. Make sure to wait until it feels tacky. For the last step, you have to wrap the bouquet holder handle in satin ribbon (1-1/2 inches wide). Then, pin it with four pearl tip corsage pins.
That’s it! You successfully create the Calla Lily and Rose Wedding Bouquet. If you want to create it, make sure to follow the tutorial that we show above and do it step-by-step.
How to Choose the Flowers for a Wedding Bouquet?
In the case of choosing the flowers for a wedding bouquet, you can actually choose your flower color freely. Generally, many brides choose the white color, but not a few also prefer colorful flowers.
The wedding bouquet will also be adrift with the color of the wedding dress. For example, the pink flowers will look gorgeous with pink bridesmaids dresses. In fact, many brides select to create their wedding bouquets out of their favorite colors.
The point is, there is no limit in determining what flowers are suitable for a Wedding Bouquet, because this has a lot to do with other things. Of course, if you are a wedding bouquet maker, be sure to always make it according to the bride’s request.