Hydrangea Fertilizer Recommendations that You Need
Hydrangea is a perfect choice for those who want to make your garden prettier. This one has such big and pretty blossoms. However, getting these pretty looks is not as easy as it sounds. A lot of effort is needed. Just like any other plants, you need to give them nutrients as well as a growing environment to flourish. One of the most important things is to choose the right fertilizer.
There are a lot of fertilizers offered by a lot of manufacturers. Due to a lot of options available, it can be hard for some people to decide which one to use. In order to help you make a right decision, below contains the list of the most recommended fertilizers for Hydrangea.
- Rhododendron Plant Food, Camellia, Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Azalea
Rhododendron Plant Food, Camellia, Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Azalea is really popular as it is from the popular brand called Miracle-Gro. This one provides adequate nutrition to plants that like acid. There are several packs available, including 1.5 lb, 4 lb, and 5 lb. Not only feeding the plant, this product also acidifies it at the same time.
- Perfect for both indoor and outdoor plants
- Can be used easily
- 1.5 lb pack covers can be used for 600 sq ft.
- Offers beautiful and faster results
- Has inconsistent packaging
- Osmocote Smart-Release Plant Food Plus
Osmocote Smart-Release Plant Food Plus is well rounder as it is perfect for any kind of plant. Besides, it also works really well in all growing conditions. You can get a pack of 8 lbs that can be used to feed a plant for up to a half year.
- Can be applied easily
- Can work well in all growing conditions
- Has unique resin coated granules
- Slow-release fertilizer
- Sometimes it need more times to dissolve
- Jobe’s Organics Soil Acidifier
Jobe’s Organics Soil Acidifier is one of the great options to choose. This one provides nutrition for the plants that like acid like Hydrangea. It has met the standard of OMRI and is available in a 6 pound bag.
- Has totally natural ingredients
- Safe for pet and kid
- Can produce prettier blossoms
- The guide for potted plants is not clear
- Flower Fuel 1-34-32
Flower Fuel 1-34-32 is one of the best bloom boosters. There is a variety of nutrients contained in this product. In addition to these, it has also resin and oil to help you in getting heavier, larger, and denser harvests. There are a few packs available, including 200 gm, 1000 gm, 5000 gm, and 20000 gm. Feel free to buy the one that you need.
- Perfect for all soil variations
- Comes with convenient measuring scoop
- Offers accelerated nutrient absorption
- Has bioavailable forms of potassium and phosphorous
- Sometimes, the packaging is damaged
- Scott Super Bloom water Soluble Plant Food
Scott Super Bloom Water Soluble Plant Food is one of the best ones. You can get it to feed your plants with the right food. It can be used for all outdoor plants, containers, and flower bed areas. This product is available in 2 lb containers.
- Can be applied easily
- Helpful to get perfect blooms
- Gives suitable growing environment
- The color of the fertilizer might be different with different purchases
- Espoma GSUL6 Soil Acidifier
Espoma GSUL6 Soil Acidifier is effective to improve the quality of the soil. Apart from that, it can also be a nutritious plant food. The product is available in a 6 lb bag. There is nothing to worry about this product as it is made with totally natural ingredients. It is guaranteed that there is no chemical ingredient and it will not harm your plant.
- Can lower soil pH to the suitable level
- Has highly pure minerals
- Helpful for those who want to get optimum growth
- Known as long lasting nutrient source
- Might take more time to work on some plants
- Burpee Organic Bone Meal Fertilizer
For anyone who wants to make sure of the ideal growth and development of your Hydrangea, you might want to consider the product named Burpee Organic Bone Meal Fertilizer. It is perfect to be used for giving a boost to established flower gardens and for nurturing new bedding plants.
- Offers the vibrant superior grade blooms
- Full of nitrogen
- OMRI certified
- Can help to increase early season growth
- More expensive from online stores
- BND56428 (Bonide) – Bailey’s Color Me Blue Hydrangeas Pellets
The most interesting thing about Hydrangea is the color of the blossoms that can be changed. BND56428 (Bonide) – Bailey’s Color Me Blue Hydrangeas Pellets will help you to successfully produce blue Hydrangea blossoms even with bare minimum. It is available in a jar of 2.75 pounds and the product consists of totally organic fertilizer pellets.
- Has the ability to maintain accurate pH level
- 100% organic
- There is no need to mix
- Offers more vigor and vivid color
- But this is not good if to be used as fertilizer
- J R Peters Inc 59324 Jacks Classic Hydrangea Fertilizer
J R Peters Inc 59324 Jacks Classic Hydrangea Fertilizer is the name of the product from the leading brand in the horticulture field called JR Peters. There are a few advantageous nutrients featured in the product. It is available in a pack of 1.5 pounds and it has an NPK ratio of 7-3-3.
- Can lower the pH of the soil
- Can be applied easily
- Provides lush green leaves
- Sometimes it does not promote intense blue blossoms
- Espoma HT18 Holly Tone
Espoma HT18 Holly Time is commonly used by the professionals to produce high grade results. This one is made to feed the plants that love acid. There is a pack of 18 lbs available. It is such a good product as it meets the standard fertilizer for organic gardening.
- Can improve the quality of the soil
- Has calcium, sulfur, and magnesium
- Available in bigger sizes that can be used for more plants
- Has no chemicals
- The packaging might be damaged
Leave a Reply