Do you want to plant sunflowers seeds in bulk? If you want to plant them, you come to the right site. Here, we will give you information about it so that you will know the plantable sunflower seeds that you can use for any purposes.
Plantable Sunflower Seeds and Its Review from Customers
If you decide to buy the sunflower seeds, you have to make sure that you read the description of the product carefully. Also, you have to make sure that you buy it in a trusted online shop. If you access Amazon, you are able to find a number of plantable sunflower seeds and you can read the review of others who have bought and planted them.
One of the plantable sunflower seeds products that you can find in Amazon is Bulk Sunflower Seeds from Sweet Yards Seed Co. It consists of a variety mix 10 types of beautiful sunflowers. If you buy it, you will get a 1 pound bag open pollinated sunflower seeds for planting. In a 1 pound bag, these are the things that you will get.
- There are more than 12,000 fresh seeds. It is enough to cover more than 2,000 square feet.
- The freshest seeds available can lead to high germination rates. And it makes your gardening easy, successful and even fun.
- This bulk quantity is good for filling your own seed packets, making seed bombs, or even you can share it with your friends.
- It is guaranteed to grow. According to the description of the sale, they guarantee these seeds will germinate and if now, your money will be back.
- There are over 10 sunflower varieties mixed with different sizes, shapes and colors. The varieties include Mammoth Grey Stripe Sunflower, Maximilian Sunflower, Chocolate Cherry, Dwarf Sunflower “Sunspot”, Evening Sun Sunflower, Lemon Queen Sunflower, Autumn, Beauty Sunflower, Sungold Tall, Teddy Bear and Velvet Queen.
This product gets 4.2 out of 5 stars for customer reviews in Amazon. And here are some reviews from some customers from the United States.
“The sunflowers are over the level of the wall behind them and look set to get even larger. I bought a bag of sunflower seeds and have been watering it for a couple months along with a big bag of cosmos in the same 6 x 6 area. I have not fertilized or specially prepared the soil, just raked the seeds in and waited, did the Totoro dance for fun under the moon a couple of times.”
“I grew this along my south side against the house in a 30 foot by 18 inch hard gravel/ dirt. It looks like every seed germinated. I Love The Red Ones.”
- Amber L.T.
“Basically, all of them germinated and grew beautifully. I planted in mid May in zone 6, and my first flower opened this week (July 26th).”
Another plantable sunflower seed product is Bull Package of 1,000+ Seeds from the Seed Needs Store. You can find it on Amazon as well. If you buy it, you can get sunflower crazy mixture 15+ varieties of non-GMO seeds. Here are the things that you will get from this product.
- The quality sunflower seeds which are packaged by Seed Needs. It is aimed for the current and the following growing season. The size of packets are 4″ wide by 4.675″ tall. On the front side, they have a full colored illustration. Also, there are detailed sowing instructions on the reverse.
- Crazy Mixture is a combination of their most popular sunflower varieties. There are 10+ sunflowers including customer favorites like Velvet Queen, Autumn Beauty, Lemon Queen, Evening Colors, Red Sun and many more.
- This special mixture of seeds will be able to produce flowering plants which can grow to a varying height of 1 foot tall to more than 7 feet tall, in colors of red, orange and yellow and will produce bi-colored blooms.
- They can be grown as an annual flowering plant and they will grow quickly, bloom profusely and later die with the first killing frost. It is best to plant sunflowers outdoors as a border plant along fences or in fields by the masses. Throughout the summer months, they will bloom and the seeds can be gathered at the end of the season.
- All of the sunflower seeds which are sold by Seed Needs are non-GMO based seed products. They are intended for the current and the following growing season. They are all produced from open pollinated plants which are stored in a temperature controlled facility and constantly moved out because of popularity.
This product gets 4.4 out of 5 stars for customer reviews. And here are some reviews from the United States.
- Amazon Customer
“Love these seeds. They carry such a variety of beautiful colors. I ordered them again this year after such a great experience last year. I highly recommend it and I have zero experience as a gardener btw.”
“This is the second year in a row I have bought this mix of 1000 sunflower seeds. I scatter them down the side of my driveway and sit back and enjoy. There are giant ones, short ones, rusty red ones and bright yellow ones. I love their cheerfulness as does my granddaughter and all the neighbors.”
Some Facts About Sunflowers
If you want to grow sunflowers, you need to know that they need full sun. So, you have to plant them in a sunny area. Also, you need well-drained soil so that the flowers can reach their maximum height.
You need to protect the seeds of sunflowers from birds. You can do that by place a mesh bag or nylon stocking over the bloom until the seeds ripen.
Do you know that sunflowers can remove toxins? Yes, they can. A number of toxins can be removed by sunflowers such as arsenic, lead, and uranium from contaminated soil. They are a natural decontaminator of soils. Besides, they also have been used to clean up soil at some of the biggest environmental disasters in the world including Chernobyl and Fukushima.