If we want to send a gift such as a bouquet to someone, of course we want to buy it from the best florists. Between FTD and 1800 Flowers, which one is better? You may want to know about it. Luckily, these companies are included as two of the best flower delivery services on the Oprah Magazine. But here, we will compare between these companies so that you will know the differences between them.
FTD is a popular national and international flower delivery service. The coverage of this company is almost 100% in the US. This flower delivery service used to offer a wide variety of products besides flower arrangements. However, they have scaled back to mostly flowers, live plants and food gift baskets. Nevertheless, they still provide to send add-ons, like candy, cards, teddy bears and balloons. This delivery service has Veriflora and Fair Trade certifications and it has committed practices which are eco-friendly.
In the list below, you are able to check some pros and cons of FTD.
There are some pros of FTD as you are able to see in the list below.
- FTD has product pricing which is very competitive.
- FTD has excellent delivery options and even on Sundays during holidays.
- FTD offers a good variety of flowers, plants, gift baskets and candy.
- As explained earlier that FTD holds Veriflora and Fair Trade designations so that they use eco-friendly practices.
- You are allowed to cancel orders up until it is en route.
- The customer service is available for 24/7 by phone.
- There are a number of positive user reviews about the resolution of their complaint.
FTD has some cons that you are able to read below.
- The fees of service or shipping are higher than most.
- There is no live chat.
- There are a lot of complaints about delivery issues for example late delivery, no delivery at all, or showing up at a wrong address.
FTD offers a wide variety of options if you want to send someone flower arrangements. The price is various. If you access the official website of FTD, there are a lot of arrangements that you can choose for mother’s day, graduation, funeral and many other purposes. Even if you are confused to choose from the options, you can go to the Best Sellers page and find the one that you like. Here are some arrangements which are best sellers.
- Best Day Bouquet which costs $62 – $105
- Lavender Fields Mixed Flower Bouquet which costs $40 – $70
- You’re Precious Bouquet which costs $65 – $95.
- Beautiful Spirit Basket which costs $75 – $105
- Long Stem Red Rose Bouquet which costs $90 – $225
- Healing Love Bouquet which costs $60 – $90.
With FTD as the latest flowers service review, you are able to track your order. Do you want to track your order? You are able to do that by clicking on the Help icon that can be found in the top right hand corner in the official website of FTD. After that, you have to choose Track Your Order. There, you will have to enter the number of your order and also the last name of your recipient. If you do not know the order number of yours, you are able to find it by accessing your email inbox from the order confirmation message that was sent by FTD when your order was put. Alternatively, you are able to find the order number by signing into your account and then access your order history.
1800 Flowers offers a wide variety of arrangements, floral products and also non floral products if we compare with their competitors. When you access the official website of 1800 Flowers, it is easy to search. They also have regular discounts and loyalty programs. Not only that, 1800 Flowers provide top-notch, award winning customer service to make online flower delivery can be as reliable as possible.
This company also has eco friendly features. Same as FTD, 1800 Flowers also holds Veriflora certification which is the gold standard certification for supporting sustainable growing of the industry and a Fair Trade designation which recognizes companies which are committed to certain environmental and labor practices.
In the list below, you are able to check the pros and cons of 1800 Flowers.
- 1800 Flowers have excellent delivery options. They can deliver 7 days a week and on holidays in a lot of areas.
- 1800 Flowers offer a wide variety of floral and non floral products.
- 1800 Flowers provide same day delivery in a lot of areas.
- They provide personalized gift options.
- They have a wedding collection which is impressive.
- As explained earlier that 1800 Flowers holds Veriflora and Fair Trade designations so they use eco-friendly practices.
- 1800 Flowers provide customized floral arrangements.
- You are able to cancel your order up until order en route.
- 1800 Flowers is 24/7 award winning customer service via phone and live chat.
There are some cons of 1800 Flowers and you are able to see them in the list below.
- 1800 Flowers has product pricing on the high side.
- 1800 Flowers offer the service or shipping charges which are higher than most.
- There are a number of complaints from consumers about delivery issues which are not being resolved well.
1800 Flowers offers same day delivery. They use a network of local florists who provide and deliver flowers. This company has achieved a number of acquisitions. In May 2006, this company got several Alpine Confections Inc. brands and it included Fannie May Confections, Fannie Farmer and Harry London Candies ($85 million). On April 1st, 2008, 1800 Flowers bought DesignPac Gifts LLC (US$33.4 million). Then, on July 21st, 2008, this company bought Napco Marketing Corporation (US$9.4 million). On August 1st, 2011, 1800 Flowers acquired Flowerama (US$4.3 million). And then, on August 5th, 2019, this company was the successful bidder of the Shari’s Berries brand (US$20.5 million).
As you are able to see above that each of them has its own advantage and disadvantage. So, you can choose which service that can be suitable for you.