Apparently, the most prestigious horticultural event in the world will still take place. Here, you are able to find out more information about the Chelsea Flower Show 2021 including Chelsea Flower Show 2021 ticket prices.
RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2021
RHS confirms that Chelsea Flower Show 2021 will go ahead in May next year. For the first time in its 108 year history, the Chelsea Flower show will run for a total of six days. Despite the current uncertainty amid the corona pandemic, the Royal Horticultural Society has announced that it will continue to run the prestigious gardening event safely, with lots of new precautions in place. At the Royal Hospital, the show will held. There will be reduced visitors compared to before Corona pandemic, with 140,000 visitors at the show over six days, while in 2019, with 168,500 visitors over five days.
Unfortunately, Chelsea Flower Show 2020 was cancelled as a result of the corona virus this year, however was replaced with the Virtual RHS Chelsea Flower Show. Of course, RHS has been working behind the scenes to make sure the 2021 show will go ahead successfully. As the most popular gardening event in the world, RHS Chelsea is essential for the world’s most popular gardening event. It is really beneficial for everyone’s health and the environment.
Chelsea Flower Show 2021 Ticket Prices
Tickets are going to go on sale at the end of October. RHS Members are able to purchase tickets from 26th October, while the general public will be able to purchase tickets from 30th October.
- Tuesday, 18 May 2021 8am – 8pm: from £94.75 (Members only)
- Wednesday, 19 May 2021 8am – 8pm: From £94.75 (Members only)
- Thursday, 20 May 2021 8am – 8pm: From £66.75 (Members only). From £83.75 (Public)
- Friday, 21 May 2021 8am – 10pm: From £66.75 (Members only). From £83.75 (Public)
- Saturday, 22 May 2021 8am – 8pm: From £66.75 (Members only). From £83.75 (Public)
- Sunday 23 May 2021 8am – 5:30pm: From £66.75 (Members only). From £83.75 (Public)
Chelsea Flower Show 2021 Dates
RHS Chelsea is going to run for six days in 2021, from Tuesday 18th May to Sunday 23th May 2021.
- Tuesday to Saturday, 8am – 8pm
- Sunday, 8am – 5.30pm
Usually, on the last day at 4pm, the plant sell-off begins.
Chelsea Flower Show Location
Some of you may not know about the location of Chelsea Flower Show 2021. You have to know that Chelsea Flower Show 2021 is held in the grounds of the Royal Hospital Chelsea, the home to the iconic Chelsea Pensioners who are all retired soldiers of the British Army. Several 300 veterans live in the retirement and nursing home on site. Address: London Gate, Royal Hospital Road, Royal Hospital Chelsea, London, SW3 4SR
Chelsea Flower Show Safety Measures
RHS has negotiated on its plans, with the measures that will be implemented. It can operate the primarily outdoor event for everyone safely.
Corona safety measures include:
- Socially Distanced.
- The extra Parking.
- Avoid Crowd modelling, increased circulation and space changes to spread good areas.
- Increased cleaning and waste disposal.
- The washless transactions (if possible).
- Increased monitoring to make sure a safe social distancing amongst visitors.
- Using masks in indoor areas.
- Flexible ticket exchange for ticket owners experiencing symptoms.
- Track check-in as per the guidance during the show.
In addition, the restaurants are going to be made more open with spaced seating and table service, with a reduction of closed seated restaurants. They plan their shows 18 months in advance and have been planning and also researching how to open the 2021 RHS Chelsea safely and securely for their visitors since April this year. They have taken the time to get all their plans finalized and now will be consulting with exhibitors.
Whilst they continue to live, and May is a long way off, they trust these measures mean that they are able to run the Showsafely, although we are going to be ready to react to any Government advice.
Public transport is the best choice to get to the Chelsea Flower Show. There are lots of options depending on where you are travelling from.
- Buses: Bus numbers 11, 44, 137, 211, 360, 170, and 452 stop closest to the showground. In alternative, bus numbers 22, 19, 319 and C1 stop at Sloane Square.
- Shuttle Bus: You are able to use the shuttle bus service from Victoria Station to RHS Chelsea.
- Tube: Sloane Square tube station (District and Circle Lines) is only a 10 minute walk from the Chelsea Flower Show.
- Train: The closest train station is London Victoria. You are able to visit the National Rail site for information on rail services.
- Cycling: You will be able to find cycle racks at Burton’s Court Car Park, which is opposite the London Gate entrance (postcode SW3 4SR).
- River: You are able to arrive by river with MBNA Thames Clippers to Cadogan Pier, or Battersea Power Station. From the pier it is about a 15 minute walk to Royal Hospital Chelsea.
- Car: If you are driving to RHS Chelsea, the public parking is available in Battersea Park but this must be pre-booked with your tickets. Battersea Park is about a 20-minute walk from the show. For note: If you are parking at Battersea Park, you are able to use the postcode SW11 4BY for your Sat Nav. This is going to take you straight to the Rosary Gate entrance.
In all instances, we suggest you visit the Transport for London website to plan your journey.
The positive effect of plants on their health and wellbeing will be the largest theme at RHS Chelsea 2021. It will be the focus of the new category: Sanctuary Gardens. Helping and inspiring millions of people to garden and grow for their health and wellbeing is the aim of what they do.